Monday, May 25, 2009

My New Obsession

Funny how things work out! Shortly after my last Insomnia post, my sister turned me on to a fabulous web site, www.greensmoothiegirl.com. She was telling me about the BlendTec blender she had just purchased off this site and was excited to get it and try out some of the recipes she got for free (from greensmoothiegirl.com) for ordering it.

I literally spent the whole day on this site and the links on this site. I couldn't believe what I was reading! Something about nutrition that actually made sense to me! And, even better, was something that was pretty close to what I've been trying to do. It gave me that last bit of information that I've been missing. So, I'm done with the Advocare stuff (although it worked for me to lose some weight and gain some energy, I found that I was on edge all of the time, which is why I stopped taking it a few weeks ago when I ran out) and am going on the Whole Foods journey. And I'm dragging the family along with me!

What I like about this is, well, it's natural! Food that you can grow/buy anywhere, it's inexpensive, it's easy. So, I ordered up my blender (should be here maybe tomorrow!) and even ordered up some coconut oil and some Himalayan Crystal salt (K.C. 'gets' the coconut oil but thinks the salt is a bunch of crap. The literature is a little out there for me but I understand the basics of it so am giving the Sole (so-lay) a try anyway).

But this is the topper. I mentioned in my Insomnia blog that I was dealing with female issues so was looking to either get pregnant, go on the pill or give acupuncture a try to hopefully help me deal with this (endometriosis is what my issue is). Reading Robyn's blog has given me new hope that I CAN win the battle with this crap without synthetic hormones. I still may give acupuncture a try and we are still going to go for #3, but I can almost imagine a life with no pain/on-the-verge moods in it. Beautiful!

1 comment:

TamiJ said...

Yes, her blog and web site are full of fantastic info! I hope it works for you and I'm so excited to do it myself!! Love you!