...rebuild the fence?! This is what we woke up to this morning:
I went out the garage to take the trash bins out and opened the gate to put the dogs in the yard and viola! North fence panel blown down to the ground. Why do these things always happen when K.C. is out of town? In my last post I was going to mention that one of the last times he went out of town (last year around this time) we had issues with that same fence panel. That time the dogs had pushed their way through a couple of the boards so I had to mend those and put the outer 2x4 back up. I noticed then that the fence was a piece of crap! It's held together by nails and nails only. The only screws in it are what I put in it when I fixed it last time and any that K.C. may have put in it. Those parts stayed together this time!
Of course the wind is still blowing and while I was out there trying to figure out how to put it back up by myself, it started raining. Great. I finally decided that I needed to take the whole thing apart so that I could work with it better - and so it didn't blow me to the ground and take me out! THAT wouldn't be good! The girls slept in - thank goodness - and once they got up I set them up in front of the TV. Once I reached the point of needing to use the screw gun it started raining again. I don't mind working in the rain but the gun I was using is electric. Not a good mix. So, I came inside and plugged in the cordless one because, of course, the battery is dead in it. Got the girls some breakfast, I ate breakfast and started this post and then headed back out to see what I could do. I've never built a fence before but I know that whoever built this one either didn't know what they were doing or cut corners and did a crappy job. The top boards were cut too short so aren't even long enough to wedge in between the posts. Crappy, crappy, crappy! Whoever did it should be ashamed of themselves!
So after messing around with it off and on all morning and probably providing hilarious entertainment for the neighbors - picture this: hot pink velour pants tucked into blue, white and brown polka dot rain boots with an over sized hooded sweatshirt on, hood up. Heck, you don't have to try to picture it - here is a picture of it (Quinn played photographer and this is the best of the bunch):
Now picture that pink/blue/white/brown mess picking up boards taller than I am, tripping over grass/bugs/invisible obstacles, trying to nail/screw/act like I know what I'm doing all the while the wind is knocking me and the fence around and the rain is making a great big muddy mess. Heck, I'd be laughing if I saw that sight out my window! So, I gave up. I decided that the only way this fence was going to get fixed was by getting the appropriate materials to do the job. Something that is beyond me at this point and time. Well, basically we need some more boards for that. And I would get my hide chewed if I ran on down to the local hardware store and purchased wood when K.C. can get what he needs at work. So, I'm leaving it to him! I hope by this time next year it'll be fixed:) Welcome home Daddy, welocome home!
Meanwhile.....
No comments:
Post a Comment