Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Fiesta!!!!

And we feasted! Oh my gosh, did we ever feast! Holy cow! I can't imagine wanting to eat another bite...ever! But, to be perfectly honest, I'll probably eat some more after the kids go to bed!

So, let's see. Here is what we ate (top to bottom, left to right):

Costco pound cake, cantaloupe, Frankly Fresh Roasted Chile Rellenos, chips, pico de gello, sour cream, refried beans, guacamole, roasted onion & mini peppers, black beans, Mexican style cheese, Del Real Foods seasoned shredded beef, cilantro/lime basmati rice (I actually got the recipe for this on line and it turned out very good!) and tortillas. We couldn't find any Mexican coke so we picked up some Jarritos Kids brand strawberry juice/non-carbonated soda type of thing for the girls. I also picked up a bottle of Senorial brand non-alcoholic sangria, which tastes just like sangria. Kind of freaked me out a little. I keep thinking I should be a little tipsy but I'm not:-)


Sydney, Quinn and K.C. eating away.


I try to refrain from actually eating this way. I am, after all, somewhat civilized!


This is how much food was still left on my plate at the moment I felt full and should have stopped eating:


This is how much food was left on my plate when I started to doubt my champion eating abilities:


But, I soldiered on, finished my dinner and moved on to my reward. Dessert! Pound cake and cantaloupe.


And this is my new figure. No, I'm not pregnant. And no, I don't have a tumor the size of a basketball in my stomach. That's just pure Cinco de Mayo fiesta goodness right there! Impressive, no?!

2 comments:

~kristie said...

WOWO, mucho impressivo, muchacha!

Tara R said...

Hahaha. I drooled all over my keyboard. AAAhhhh....