Monday, May 25, 2009

May Celebrations!

We thought Memorial Day was a good day to celebrate our family and friends with May birthdays/anniversaries.

We had our first whole food dinner and boy oh boy was it yummy! Dinner pancakes with potato, zucchini and onion in it with a scoop of organic applesauce on top, a spinach, strawberry and pecan salad with home made dressing and our non-whole food roasted garlic bread (it was an impulse buy - I'll have to work on that!).

The girls pretty much ate all of the strawberries out of the salad, the applesauce off the pancakes and the bread. They did get a few pieces of spinach down but that's about it. Had this not been our celebration dinner, they wouldn't have gotten any of the yummy desert....Almond Joy Fudge! Man oh man I can certainly live on food that tastes this good! This fudge is made with coconut oil, agave nectar (never heard of it before but it's really good! K.C. says it's the plant they use to make Tequila...tastes nothing like tequila, I assure you!), unsweetened coconut, chopped almonds and unsweetened cocoa. It is SO good and actually does taste like an Almond Joy candy bar. Here are the girls blowing out the candles:


And this is who we are celebrating this month. Again, if I've left anyone out, please let me know!

Family Birthdays:
-Brian
-Kayli
-Dennis

Friend's Birthdays:
- Lance
-Peyton
-Elizabeth
-Barbra G.
-Jack

Anniversaries:
-Tom & JoLyn - 16 years!

We hope your special day was fabulous and that you have a wonderful year!

We'd also like to wish our friend Vicki a super speedy recovery! Give it hell sister!

Hugs, kisses and loves to all!

2 comments:

TamiJ said...

You realize that we will have to bring our blenders to mom's house over Christmas don't you.

Traci said...

Yes. I'm already planning a special suitcase for it:-)