Anyway, I was totally unprepared for it. I didn't think about going to buy her a special 'first day of school' outfit or even plan out the day at all. Like have a special breakfast and lunch planned and fun things like that. But, none of that seemed to matter to her. We did head out in the morning to get her some clothes. Well, we set out to get her A outfit and we ended up with several outfits plus a pair of shoes.
I did manage to take some pictures and video so I'm happy about that! Here's how the day went:
Quinn poses for pictures on the front porch. She looks so grown up to me here. Where did my baby go?:
Sydney got in on the action too. They were so funny. By the way, Quinn picked out her whole outfit by herself!:
Here is the before school video:
One of Quinn's BFF's, Jack, is in her class. They posed for a picture before we headed in:
We've got to meet Mrs. Laura a few times and just really love her already. Other friends that have had her love her too so we feel good about her teaching our girl!
Here are Jack and Quinn getting their name tags on:
Quinn finds her coat/backpack hook:
And Mrs. Laura shows her where her cubby is. Quinn is excited that her cubby is marked with a horse sticker!
Sydney and I sat out in the parking lot for a little bit then snuck back in to see how Quinn was doing. I really wanted to stay and watch her all day - not because I thought she would have a problem, but because I knew she would love it and I just wanted to see her experience it. But, I controlled myself and snapped a couple of pictures without her seeing me. She was content and so was I:
Since the whole morning was about Quinn, I decided to take Sydney to McDonald's for a little treat and Mommy time. Needless to say, she loved it!:
Here is the after school video:
After class we took some photos by the fancy sign out front.
Looks like she's missing her leg in this one!:
Group photo! We posed with Cindy, Jack and Ben in front of the sign. I'd like to say that Syd was so excited for her sister that she peed her pants. But, I think the reality was that she was wanting some of that attention so peed her pants. She had gone to the bathroom right before we left to pick up Quinn. Oh well.:
Quinn and Jack posing by the sign. They sure do have fun together!:
All in all, she had a great first day of preschool! We ran a few errands after that and then it was time for her soccer practice. K.C. met us there (he also came home for lunch so he could see her off to school with us) and then we headed off to Red Robin for a 'Happy First Day of Preschool' dinner. By the time we got home, we were all tired from the day and everyone fell asleep with little to no issues. Ahhhh, another milestone passed. ;-)
No comments:
Post a Comment