Monday, August 31, 2009

Short Health Update

I have other fun stuff to post later, but thought I'd give you an update on some health issues going on around here. Plus, I'm laying on the couch while posting from my blackberry so I can't upload pictures in that scenario!

K.C. hasn't been feeling well for the last month or so. He's been to his Internal Med. Dr. and he can't find anything wrong - liver is doing fine as far as they can tell. They are going to do another liver biopsy on 9/11 just to make sure all is still going well.

So, that Dr. sent him to a Cardiologist. They did an EKG on him, along with some other things, and found exactly nothing. His heart is good as far as they can tell. He is scheduled for a stress test this Thursday to see if that will reveal anything.

In the meantime, he went to a Primary Care doctor to see what they could find. They told him to take the pills he was prescribed the last time he was in and not feeling well(some sort of ant acid I think). I think they think it's acid re flux so have told him to eat bland foods too.

Hopefully one of the doctors will figure out what is going on with him so that he can start to feel better soon. I must point out that he is on schedule to have some weird health thing happen!

As if that wasn't enough, I've got my own thing going on. I've already made an appointment for a physical because I've been very tired the last month or so. At first I thought it was due to work and going to bed late/waking up early. But I should be use to that by now I would think. Plus, I've been drinking my green smoothies, which are packed with tons of good nutrition and energy so why that isn't helping is beyond me!

My abdomen, I feel, has been bloated/swollen for several months. I refuse to think it's just fat. I have dramatically changed my eating habits and get plenty of exercise so I don't know why it's going out instead of in. Until very recently, I haven't missed a period and have even taken pregnancy tests, all negative, so THAT's not the reason! Although, I would be right on track with K.C., if history were to repeat itself: K.C. gets a blood clot in his lung - 5 or 6 months later, I'm pregnant with Quinn. K.C. starts feeling bad a week or so before Syd is born and is finally diagnosed with auto immune hepatitis about a month after she is born. Now, he's feeling sick and I'm dealing with a swollen belly, pain, and my period is a few days late (but the HPT was negative - although I did get it at the dollar store so not real sure of the quality). The funny thing is, a couple of weeks ago I mentioned to K.C. about how at work, the garlic had an offensive smell to me (which is what happened during both my pregnancies) and he was dealing with some weird health issue so that meant that I HAD to be pregnant for sure! I had the thought that my nose knows what my body has yet to figure out:-) Who knows! I guess we'll see what happens this week and what the doctors have to say.

Now that I'm reading all of my symptoms, I'm convinced that I have internal bleeding! Can you say hypercondriac?!

Anyway, a pretty long post just to say that K.C. is an old fart and I'm beyond help!

No comments: