Sometime around 1:30 in the morning I hear Quinn calling me. Since becoming a mom I've perfected the art of walking in my sleep and actually completing tasks without fully waking up. I usually wake up at some point during the task and wonder how I made it that far into the task without using my brain, at least not consciously anyway. I make it to her room and she informs me that she peed through her pull up so I need to change her pants, sheets, blanket and pajamas (so glad SHE's able to think at this ungodly hour! Bonus for me - I don't have to fully wake up at all since she knows what needs to be done!).
I get her stripped down and bundled back up, get her sheets changed and new blanket out and get her back into bed. She calmly tells me that her Princess blanket (the one she has used to cover up with since she was a baby and really can't live without (a gift from Uncle Darron, thank-you-very-much) is too small for her to cover up with now and that she'll be needing a new one. It's amazing how one simple sentence can wake you up just like that!
Suddenly, everything clicked. THAT's the reason she wants to sleep in our room - our blankets are bigger! Well, at least one of the reasons anyway. The other is the fan. I put an extra fan in her room and that's all it took for her to not "be afraid to go to sleep". It's those simple things I have a hard time figuring out!
No matter how often she does it, it still amazes me how she can pretty much state the obvious - but I just never saw it until she pointed it out. Guess that's what happens when you turn three - you're three years wiser!
Friday, October 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment