Sunday, December 14, 2008

Nevermind - no work for me today!

So I had some problems just getting out of our neighborhood while I was on my way to work. The roads are just too icy! I got out of our neighborhood and had a hard time getting going on the ice. The deciding factor was the idiot in an SUV that was coming up on my butt a little too fast while it was obvious that I wasn't moving very fast or far. What do they think - if they come up on me as fast and as close as they can then the ice will all of a sudden give way under my tires and I will be able to miraculously go, all because of them? Idiots!

So, I made it from one entrance into our neighbor to the other and promptly turned back in and went home. The thought of more idiots like that out there plus the fact that if I actually did make it to work unscathed, I'd have to drive those scary roads home at night. Not something that is even remotely appealing to me.

Time and half or not - I'm staying home today!

No comments: