I'm excited about today! It helps that I had a great first night back on the front end last night. The supervisors and the manager were all happy to have me back and told me so - nothing like pumping up my ego:) My partner was late so I got to do go-backs for the first hour. Most people don't like go-backs but I love doing them. It gives me a chance to see what we have while I'm putting away the things that people decided they didn't want. After that, I got to cashier all night! I thought for sure I wouldn't be cashiering on my first night back. It was fun. And my closing responsibilities were the easiest of all. They call it BTC which means Button, Tapes & Coffee. I stand 'guard' with a devise in my hand while the supervisors pull the tills and the manager pulls the jewelry out of the case. If anything happens, I push the buttons and the police come. Once that's done, I pull all of the register logs and check them and then put new ones back in for the next day. After that, I clean the coffee grinders, which is just wiping them down, vacuuming the coffee up and changing the trash bags. Usually the BTC person cleans the office too but my partner did that so I only had to vacuum rugs to help her finish up. It was a perfect night!
Today we are headed over to Bonnie's house for a NOON Year's Eve party for the kids. We were out of town last year so didn't get to go so we are excited about getting to go this year. I just hope I don't get into too much trouble for skipping Stroller Strides this morning:) My plan was to get the house cleaned instead, but I'm not getting a whole lot of that done.
I have to work tonight from 5-9:30. I thought for a minute last night that I would get tonight off because I saw the signs that said we were closing at 5 tonight. Surely if we close at 5 I wouldn't need to come in at 5, right?! I should know better. There are things happening in that warehouse probably all night long! I have a feeling I'll be getting to do some of that stocking I was wanting to try out!
As you all have learned by now, I tend to get a little excited about food. I think that is what I love the most about New Year's Eve - indulging in all of that good food that isn't all that good for you. Even though I have to work tonight, I will be indulging in some good food! But, instead of having lots of different things to choose from, I got just one. One sinfully little 'ol thing that, quite frankly, I'm surprised I haven't busted into yet. And actually, I've never had it before so I'm all that more excited to try it. It's Brie en Brioche, handmade, layered with spiced cranberries & apples. I'm assuming 'en Brioche' means in bread or something. The rest I understand: brie cheese, spiced cranberries & apples. How can you go wrong with something like that? Plus you bake it so it's going to be warm when it hits my mouth! Oh my gosh, can you imagine it? Warm bread stuffed with heavenly brie cheese and a sweet layer of spiced cranberries & apples? Oh Food Gods of the world - I thank you. And if that wasn't enough, here's how I know that it's going to be good. It has 20 grams total fat! Eight of those are saturated fat. But only a mere .5 grams is trans fat. I can already feel my arteries clogging:) That's okay, I'll work it off next year. But for today, it's glutton city all the way baby! Can I get a Hell Yeah?!
Wednesday, December 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hell Yeah!
Thank you sista!
Hell yeah!!
Post a Comment