Friday, August 27, 2010

Poke Free for Two Weeks

My acupunturist called and canceled my Wednesday appointment. He said he hasn't been this sick in years! So, I haven't had a treatment for two weeks now and I'm going on a week with no herbs.

I'm feeling things in my abdomen. Not pain really. Maybe I'm feeling myself ovulate? Not sure if I'm at that point in my cycle and am too lazy right now to check. Do you even ovulate when you're on the pill? I'm so ignorant to all of this stuff. You'd think I'd be an expert on it with all of the issues I've had over the years! Anyway, I also feel what I felt when I was pregnant and would move the wrong way and there would be a quick, sharp, shooting pain. I hope going two weeks without treatment won't set me back!

The meat eating is going surprisingly well. I actually made a dish with ground beef and not only ate it but have eaten a couple of days worth of leftovers too! Of course I bought the expensive grass fed beef so that may have something to do with it. I hope not though since my budget won't allow for the organic, grass fed stuff for every dish! Well, I guess it would if it were just me eating it and I made it the side dish instead of the main dish. It's so hard to relearn what a complete meal should look like! I'm trying hard to make my salad the biggest portion on my plate and the meat the smallest. I think I should just keep practicing cooking the perfect steak (for me, there's no trace of pink but it's tender enough to cut with a butter knife) and forget the casseroles. After all, I still am trying to get the whole family to eat healthy!

I thought meal planning would be easier but it's just as hard! So many yummy sounding/looking recipes out there. I think half of the problem is I don't think the recipe will taste as good as it sounds/looks and the other half is I just don't feel like making it! Yet another reason to just do the seasoned meat, big salad and veggies etc. Maybe I'll throw in one casserole a week or something. I hope I get it figured out some day! As it is, I've spent all morning trying to come up with a meal plan for next week!

I think I am ready to give chicken a try again. I know I'd love the breaded chicken strips that are so bad for us so I don't even want to go there! I'll have to search for a healthier recipe for my first bite in three years!

We made it to the gym every day this week except today! I still don't feel like I have enough energy to work out like I want but I did do a lot of walking and some running on the treadmill and then yesterday did some of the machines. I haven't made it to any of the classes yet.

I'm interested in trying Cross Fit. It's basically an intense 15-20 minute cardio and weight workout that a lot of army and firefighters do. A lot of folks run classes out of their garages around here. It would be great but I would need some sort of daycare for the girls - not to mention some more energy! I guess I could do it while they are both in school but that would only be two days a week (that they are both in school at the same time) - and those two days are when I'm going to try to work a few more hours so that wouldn't work at all! I'll figure something out, I'm sure!

We decided to have Quinn's birthday party at the gym! We can rent out the playroom and the exercise room for a good price and she can have up to 15 friends! I'm sure she'll want to invite all of the kids in her class (whom she hasn't even met yet!) so that will work out well.

Lazy day today! I've spent it on the couch with the girls, reading cookbooks while they watch their shows. I picked up a shift last night so I decided I deserved a day off before my long weekend shifts start! Yet another 6-day work week for me. It's no wonder I'm always tired!

Off to watch a Netflix movie before I have to get ready for work! Dishes/laundry/cleaning will have to wait!

No comments: