I got off work about a half hour early so made it home around 9:40-ish. The girls were still awake and going strong. I had it pre-arranged with K.C. to turn on the oven and get the Brie en Brioche in once I called and said I was on my way home. He did that but it took about triple the time to bake as the package indicated so it wasn't anywhere near done when I got home. So, while we waited for it I plied the girls and myself with candy. Spice drops, dots, milk duds - only the best for my family:)
Once the Brie en Brioche was ready, we dug in. And oh what a disappointment it was! It wasn't terrible but it certainly wasn't the yumminess I had been thinking about non stop for three days! The bread-to-cheese ratio was all wrong for me. And the spiced cranberries & apples were good at first bite but the flavor didn't last through to the last bite. Guess that'll teach me to not put all my excitement into something I've never had before! Oh well, at least I saved myself from consuming 99% of the 20 grams of fat in one night! I don't think we'll even finish off what is left.
Sydney was getting tired but was being such a trooper. Quinn was having some moments and I reminded her why she should have taken a nap like I had suggested earlier in the day. K.C. was talking about going to bed but I convinced him to stay up for just a little longer. He hasn't been feeling well for about a week. He went to the family doctor on Monday for a physical. They gave him a prescription for some Omeprazole (an antacid) as he's been having some pain in his chest. They think he has some acid reflux going on due to the Azathiaprine he's taking. He has to go in on Sunday to get his blood drawn so that they can check his cholesterol and all of that. He goes to see his Internal Medicine doctor on the 12th so they can check out everything on that end to make sure all is going well with the auto immune hepatitis. Poor guy.
The girls got some money for Christmas and they each got a movie the other day. Quinn picked out Sleeping Beauty and Sydney picked out Tinkerbell. We ended up watching Sleeping Beauty until the stroke of midnight - didn't bother finishing the movie after that:)
The girls and I were in Wyoming last year so this was our first New Year's celebration at home. One thing I didn't count on was fireworks! They are legal here. I thought it strange that there was a fireworks stand set up right after Christmas at Four Corners. I thought they were just getting a jump on the 4th of July! I know, it doesn't make any sense to me now either, but that was my thought process! Turns out people like to set off fireworks on New Year's Eve! LOTS of Fireworks. All night long! The dogs were going NUTS! (sigh)
We had to take a self portrait photo, the first picture of the New Year. Here's a few that show exactly how everyone was feeling:
The first official photo of 2009. K.C. played photographer. Hmmmm, I thought we were a family of 4! Poor Sydney got cut off! Can you tell which two would rather NOT be taking photos at this particular time? I know, it's hard, but just guess:)
We're getting a little better with this one. At least Sydney is in the picture!
Getting better still. Quinn isn't bawling at this point - just sobbing. Sydney is delirious. K.C. looks like he's smiling but that face is really saying "Enough with the f%&*ing pictures already you crazy woman - let's go to bed!"

And the last attempt to capture a good 'first' photo of 2009. What is wrong with these people?! Am I the only one that is happy to usher in a New Year? A fresh start to achieving our goals and dreams? And no, I didn't have a drop of alcohol to drink! I did, however, have an AdvoCare Slam before I went to work. That could explain a few things.

After I got the girls to bed (they only wanted Mommy to do it) it was around 1:00 a.m. before I crawled into bed. As if on cue, Quinn woke up right about the time I was slipping into dreamland. I don't know what her problem was. Probably a combination of being overly tired and a little scared of the wicked witch in Sleeping Beauty. I sang her a few rounds of 'You Are My Sunshine' and all was well again. What seemed like an hour later, Sydney woke up. She kept saying "poo poo" so I changed her diaper. No poops but a sore bottom. So, I doctored her up and rocked her back to sleep then crawled back in bed. I was surprised to see that it was 7:30 in the morning! Of course I found it hard to go back to sleep after that, thinking about everything that I want to accomplish today. So, I rolled out of bed and balanced the check book! What a great start to the new year!
Today we plan on staying in our pajamas, taking down the Christmas tree and decorations, cleaning, napping, and fixing a healthy meal of Salmon (for K.C. and the girls), wild rice, steamed vegetables and whole wheat rolls. We'll wash it all down with our last bottle of the sparkling grape juice and top it all off with the January Birthday/Anniversary celebratory dessert: One pound of chocolate cake - from the freezer of course! Oh, and we'll have to top it off with our last bottle of Ready Whip!
Yep, this year is definitely off to a good start!
1 comment:
Hahahaha I am cracking up over the photos!!!
Sleeping Beauty has been Anna's favorite movie since like September. She actually says the dialogue along with the movie! She makes me sing "I know you" to her every night and loves princess Aurora.
Now she's also onto Frosty the Snowman. Therefore I may be condemmed to Christmas for another few months ;)
Post a Comment