I started the Model Mom challenge today. It's a six week challenge that is done on the honor system and we give ourselves points for different things. Like eating 4 servings of whole grains or pampering ourselves or spending quality time with the hubby. Keeping a personal journal is a way to earn points so I'm using my blog to do that. I'm earning points as I type! So I will have to blog about something or another for 42 days straight! Aren't you the lucky ones:-)
I'm not sure how many teams there are yet but each team has three people on it. I am on a team with the two women I was teamed up with during the first challenge (this is the third). I didn't really know anyone so just let Bonnie pick a team for me at that time. As it turns out, our kids are in the same Little Gym class on Tuesdays so we see each other every week! My teammates weren't really planning on doing the challenge but I used my brute force to make them not only do it again but team up with me again. Okay, so I don't have brute force and I didn't make them but it makes for a good story if I do so just go with it.
Anyway, we are team S.H.R.I.M.P. That stands for Small, Hot, Rockin, Irresistible, Mama Posse. It's an appropriate name because, well, it's mostly true and also because at all of my 5' 1", I'm the tallest on my team!
Day one down. Only 41 to go...
GO TEAM S.H.R.I.M.P.!
Tuesday, January 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You're a BIG girl amongst these little nuggets! What a hoot! Can't wait to hear more about this.
Just by using the words BRUTE and FORCE makes me suck my thumb, crawl up in the fetal postion with the words "MR. RING" haunting my every thoughts. So when you say brute force...don't underestimate the power. It has taken a lot of self talk to get myslef back in my chair, pull my thumb out of my mouth, and compose this reply. I simply remind myself that back in THOSE days - you were a different person, Mr. Ring is dead and gone - maybe even a recycled hummer ("he" was massive and strong I remember), and I have the leverage of not one, but TWO nieces that I can feed ideas, information, and sceams to as a sort of revenge...if necessary.
So now that my confidence is back from the 'flashback' I can say...
With brute force...GO TEAM!
Post a Comment