Thursday, January 22, 2009

Model Mom Challenge Day 11

As I was blocking down basics last night* I was doing some soul searching. Mainly I was trying figure out what I wanted from this job. Am I just being a big baby with my hours? There are tons of people out there that would kill to have my hours. Am I being reasonable since I wasn't looking for those hours to begin with? I'm not sure.

I do know that first and for most I want to be a stay-at-home-mom. I do get to spend all day with the girls except for two. We do get out of the house and do things. I do have time to clean, make dinner etc. - when I make the time that is. I think my big problem is time management. I get so engrossed in whatever project I'm doing and forget about the basics. Maybe THAT is what I need to work on instead of trying to reduce my hours.

But the money is good and the job is good. Shouldn't I take it while I can get it to try to get my family ahead? Our noses are above water at this point so shouldn't I suck it up and at least get our mouths and maybe our chins above water too?

I still don't have the answer. I was wanting to try to get Saturday's off. But maybe I should go for Wednesday's instead. That would give me three days off in a row. Or would that be worse. Too much time off would make me not want to go to work at all? And what about all of the activities that I'm missing out on during the weekends? Birthday parties and just plane 'ol family time. Maybe I should try to get half of Saturday's off. Nice weather is right around the corner - don't I want to be around to go on picnics and hikes and the like with K.C. and the girls?

So frustrating! Why do I have to make these things harder than what they need to be?! Guess I'll talk to K.C. tonight and get his take on things and go from there.

*Blocking down means to stock/straighten things up from the bottom to the top. Basics is underwear, socks and shoes. A little Costco lingo for ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are right, talk it over with K.C. for sure. My $0.02 worth? I say, if you can do it, stay home. Your girls will only be little once and for a short time. Spend as much time with them as you can. Maybe focus more energy on your Avocare business where you can make your own hours/set your own schedule so that you can bring in some extra income but not sacrifice family time. ESPECIALLY all those little special parties on Saturdays and such. Big impact on little lives. I pretty much guarantee you won't look back and say "Geez, I wish I would have worked more hours at Costco back in 2009."