Today was my breaking point. I am not ready to go all raw. Not that I really want to. I'd just like to eat MORE raw. So that is what I am going to focus on. I'm going to still try to finish out the 30 days of drinking a half gallon of smoothies. There just isn't enough time in the day (or your stomach) to eat a whole lot else when you drink that much smoothie, so it's not such a bad thing!
This morning I drank some cabbage cool-aid for breakfast. Lunch was a nice big salad made with romaine, arugula, beef-steak tomatoes, onions, avocado, chia seeds, salt & pepper and balsamic vinegar. It was good and filling. I had some fudge for dessert:)
My snack was our usual green smoothie. I made a smaller batch and ended up making it really sweet so I didn't finish all of it. But I drank most of it.
I couldn't stand not having some cooked food any longer so steamed some broccoli, cauliflower and carrots and made a vegan cheese sauce to drizzle over it for dinner. I made sure my green salad portion was bigger than my cooked portion so I did do good there. The salad was just romaine and I caved and added croutons and bottled Caesar's dressing (maybe that wasn't so good!). Like I said, I just couldn't stand it anymore! I finished it all off with some more fudge. Ahhhhh!!!
But I don't feel guilty. I put the girls in the stroller after lunch and took a good walk. I probably walked about 4-1/2 to 5 miles today so that's not bad. Our weigh in is tomorrow - maybe. The "coach" is a little sick with some sort of food allergy she's trying to figure out (probably the whey in those protein bars and shakes that she's doing!!!!) so we may not have a weigh in tomorrow. We'll see.
The thought of depraving myself of anything that I like just makes me want to gorge myself on that stuff. How healthy is that? Eating it in moderation is best. I'll be curious to see what my weight and measurements are at week 6 and then again at the end. I think adding the walking (and eventually running) along with not eating anything after dinner will help me out a lot. And, still experimenting with the raw recipes will give me some good variety and, hopefully, some good recipes to add to the 'ol food rotation!
I'll post about this again at the 6 week mark of the weight loss challenge. Until then, Bon Appetit!
Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment