Sunday, January 24, 2010

Day 3 of 33

LAST DAY of just smoothies! I gotta tell ya, I don't think I could take another day of this!!! It didn't help at all when I went into the break room at work to get some more water and the company had bought pizza for us!! I almost cried - I wanted to eat it so bad. I think if there wasn't a room full of people, I would have taken a whole pizza - wouldn't have mattered what kind, just the first box I grabbed - and shoveled it into my mouth. ~sigh~

Today's smoothies:

K.C. made our usual breakfast smoothie this morning so I had some of that. Then I finished off the rest of the Tomato Tonic. I have to say, that one really grew on me:) In fact, I was wishing I had it after I saw that damn pizza! I think it would have helped. But, since it's heavy on the garlic, I spared my co-workers in the vault my nice garlic breath. Tonight I was trying to finish up the rest of the Kiwi Banana Krush, but I just can't do it. I'd rather my tummy growl at this point! I think it's because I drank a pretty sweet one all day at work and I just can't handle any more sweet. If I had more Tomato Tonic left.....

Anyway, this is the new one I made today:

Cabbage Cool-Aid

-water/ice
-green cabbage (I used napa cabbage)
-frozen mixed berries (blueberry, raspberry and blackberry)
-bananas
-tart apples
-agave

Can I just tell you how stupid crazy this stuff tastes like cherry kool-aid?! It's freaky! I made my co-workers taste it and they thought the same thing. SUPER good! I already know we'll be drinking this one A LOT this summer! If we add even more ice to it, it'll taste like a slushy. YUMMY!

Things I expected: more breakouts and a small headache.

Things I didn't expect: no more than usual bm's, more knee pain, some finger aches (think arthritis) and questioning my sanity (okay, so that happens pretty frequently). :)

I am so freakin excited to EAT tomorrow!!! I've cut up some carrots and celery and made some raw salad dressing in preparation. I threw some carrot sticks in the dehydrator too so I can toss them with some olive oil and salt tomorrow and eat them like chips. I hope they turn out how my mouth is hoping they will! I'm going to clean some romaine and chop up some red peppers and cucumber and onion and maybe have a salad for breakfast (okay, I won't but it is going to be REALLY hard to get another smoothie down first!)! Oh, I almost forgot about the avocado!! I hope I at least peel it before devouring it:)

No comments: