Guess it's been awhile since I blogged!!
I'm in a nice Kombucha stupor right now so thought it was a good time to post something new. I'm just starting to enter into the world of raw eating. I made our first raw dinner last night. It was red peppers stuffed with a smoked paprika & cashew 'cheese' and some slaw. It wasn't horrible, it wasn't super great, it was good in fact. The girls didn't think so. Quinn ate only the red pepper. Syd opted to not eat any of it at all. I 'roasted' the red peppers by putting them into the dehydrator for about an hour to soften them up. Then, after stuffing them, put them back into the dehydrator to warm them. I tell you, it is just fascinating what we can do with raw food! I think I'm going to have to get a second dehydrator soon!
I'm also brewing my first batch of Kombucha tea (thanks for the scoby Tami). I brought a little back with me from Wyoming but had to buy some to get me through until my batch is ready. I really like it and hope it does all it claims to do. I'd post links and all that, but just don't have the time/desire right now:) K.C. has even drank some so we'll see if it helps him out too.
I also made some granola in the dehydrator. I've made some before that tasted similar to what seasoned cardboard would taste like. I was a little skeptical about this new recipe but it promised to be crunchy so I gave it a try. SO good! I think I'd better get on a regular schedule for making it so that we always have some in the house.
I also made some raw hummus. It's made out of cashews instead of garbanzo beans/chick peas. I think my next batch I'll add lots more garlic and maybe a little heat in the form of cayenne pepper or something. It's not bad by itself and gets better with fresh veggies dipped in it. Again, the girls have no interest in it. It's going to take some time, but, they'll eventually get hungry:)
I also made some chocolate chia 'pudding'. I think I'm the only one that likes it. The others just haven't given it a good chance I think. We'll see what happens when it's the only chocolate thing in the house! It just might suddenly become appealing to the masses:)
Gee, I guess I've been a little busy since getting back from our vacation! Yesterday is when I did all of this and by the evening my nerves were shot. It's actually PMS - I confirmed it with the calendar. I'm curious to see if eating mostly raw will help me with my issues in that area. Everything I've read about it is promising. Fingers crossed! On with a new journey....
Thursday, January 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment