I made our usual breakfast smoothie this morning. Since I have to drink a half gallon instead of my usual pint for this cleanse, and since I had company this morning, I was still drinking my quarter gallon of smoothie at lunch time! But, that didn't stop me from eating a salad! It was pretty simple (romaine, red pepper, cucumber, celery, carrots, chia seeds, salt, pepper and Green Smoothie Girl's basic dressing with garlic) but I really, really, really wanted to put some croutons on it.
Today was the day to start getting active again. Sydney and I took a nice long walk after we dropped Quinn off at school. It felt good to get out there in the fresh air! I figured I'd just walk this week since my knees have been hurting and then maybe next week I'll start my 5k training again.
I made another Cabbage Cool-Aid smoothie for our snack and had a few Teriyaki almonds with it. I made popcorn for the girls and really wanted some of that too!
Dinner was an arugula salad with pear, spiced pumpkin seeds and meyer lemon dressing from one of my raw cookbooks. It wasn't too bad - the dressing was too sour for me and the girls (I finally added more honey to mine and then the remaining dressing) but the salad was good.
Sydney and I made some Chewy Chocolate Freezer Fudge (another recipe from one of my raw cookbooks)so we had some of that for dessert. YUM!!!! I'm not real sure if I'm supposed to be having it on this cleanse - probably not since it's not exactly plant-based - but that's okay. I can live with myself if I eat some:)
Right now I am relaxing with some home brewed Kombucha tea.(I'm not technically supposed to have tea for the cleanse, but I figured the Kombucha is good for me so why not?!) It's not as good as the store-bought stuff so I've added even more grape juice to it (I added some when I bottled it). I think I don't care for it because I'm using green tea to brew it and it's a strong flavor. I'll have to experiment with some other teas I guess.
I never did get around to eating that avocado! But, my tummy didn't growl once today:) I stepped on the scale and think I lost some more weight, but we'll get the 'official' results on Wednesday (and I'll see how close my new scale is to Marrisa's).
It's good to be chewing food again! :)
Monday, January 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I don't like green tea either so I just use black tea for my kombucha. Are all of these smoothie recipes in our recipes we've printed out? They sound good but I haven't looked for them yet.
I'm trying your Cranberry Maple Syrup Granola recipe today. I'll let you know how it comes out. I dehydrated some yogurt the other day. It took longer to dry than what I had thought. Maybe I put too much on the tray? But it turned out fine. It looks a bit like swiss cheese. Then you taste it and it tastes like vanilla yogurt. It is a little confusing to the brain but I like it. I like the portability of it. I'll have to try it again and blend some fruit in it first.
Post a Comment