Thursday, January 21, 2010

My Last Supper

I spent today eating a bunch of crap! I made my version of a taco bravo (flour tortilla then refried beans then a corn taco shell then some avocado then some onion then some Taco Bell hot sauce and finally some mexican blend shredded cheese on top. I was just missing the sour cream to make it perfect, but that's okay! It was damn good as it was! My only conflict with it is using Taco Bell hot sauce on a Taco John's inspired taco! :)

Anyway, I call it my last supper because tomorrow I am embarking on a 3 day green smoothie detox (The Green Smoothies Diet by THE GreenSmoothieGirl, Robyn Openshaw) where I will only drink green smoothies for those three days. Right after that I will do a green smoothie cleanse, where I will drink a half gallon of green smoothies a day plus eat as much as I want of other raw plant foods, including salads, sprouted grains/legumes/nuts/seeds, fruits, vegetables, etc.So I'm not going to starve! That's a relief! I can even have some steamed veggies or a baked potato if I crave cooked food!

I've been drinking a pint of green smoothies per day (sometimes more) for several months now and just don't feel like I'm gaining any energy or losing any weight. Granted, I haven't exercised in the last few months and I still eat tootsie rolls and crap like that.

I've been reading up on raw eating and it seems everyone does a cleanse of some sort first. Since I'm very interested in eating raw, I figured I'd give it a try. And, since I'm involved in a weight loss challenge, what better time than right now?!

No comments: