So I talked to K.C. last night. We've decided that it'll be better for us if I just work the 30 hours/week for awhile. It'll relieve a lot of our financial stress and allow us to be able to do 'fun' things every once in awhile. I'll just request maybe one Saturday a month off so we can have some fun family time. I've already moved Sydney's Little Gym class from Thursday nights to Wednesday mornings so that we can have one night together as a family. We're going to go down to the library and get a card and 'rent' a movie from there each week to watch as a family. Or we'll play some games or color or something like that. That'll be something fun to look forward to each week.
I think I already mentioned that my whole issue is that I just don't want to work (not because I'm lazy but because I want to focus all of my attention on my family) but know that that is what's best for us right now. Heck, I probably won't be able to just go back to being a stay-at-home mom. I was lucky to be able to do it for as long as I did. And I am lucky to get 5 out of 7 days at home with them. So I guess it's just a happy medium. After we made the decision, I saw on the news where Microsoft is laying off something like 5000 employees! That pretty much sealed the deal for me. Again, I am lucky to have this job and even luckier to get the hours I'm getting.
I really want to send Quinn to pre-school next year. I don't think it's for every kid but I really do think Quinn will thrive in that environment. She's a smart little cookie and I just don't know how to develop that part of her. That will cost money so yet another good reason to keep working these hours.
So, I think I have it all set in my mind now so that I can stop dwelling and complaining about it. We'll see if it sticks:-)
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for posting about this. I think my job is about to get more hectic, including more time away from the family. I have been torn about it and I think it's going to be tough, but it's the right move. It's helpful to see you working it out.
Post a Comment